In a nutshell, online backup offers a new and modern alternative to tape backup solutions.
Traditional methods require capital to set up, staff to manage, and unfortunately room for error! Also they require hardware that becomes outdated over the years and needs replacing as a company grows. Small to medium sized businesses cannot afford to lose valuable data in this competitive environment. Our online backup system completely eliminates these problems by giving you an affordable solution with the added advantage of offsite data storage and the peace of mind that your data is being stored and monitored 24/7.
- Disaster recovery offered by offsite storage
- No more waiting for staff to recover lost data
- No capital outlay for purchasing new equipment
- Completely automated
- Running costs are fixed and completely transparent
- Fully managed service, with proactive problem resolution.
- No more checking backup reports to see if the backup worked
- System activity report sent to your inbox daily
- 24 hour telephone support
- Data protection Act 1998 – Are you really compliant
- Security of knowing your business information is stored safely
We know how critical your business information and applications are and work with you to create a plan for every disaster scenario, deploying automated backup solutions to minimize your management overhead. By taking this approach, we are employing layers of protection to ensure you’re covered in any situation.
Online Backup is essentially a method of off-site data storage whereby documents, files, folders or even entire contents of a hard drive are regularly backed up on a remote server via an internet connection.
Online Backup offers a modern alternative to the more traditional tape backup solutions. By backing up data continuously (or as frequently as needed) onto a hard drive in a remote location, the risk of data loss as a result of file corruption, fire, theft or natural disaster is practically eliminated. You can then safely access or restore lost files or folders by using any PC with high-speed internet connection and web-browser interface.
About our Online Backup
We offer the most comprehensive solution to online backup, offering simple, automatic and secure online backup specifically for desktops, laptops and servers. Through our partnership with leading Irish providers of Online Backup we can ensure that your data is safe, secure and available when you need to have access to it.
Our Online Backup features are as follows:
- It uses SSL encryption to safely secure your data during transport over the internet. Once stored in the Irish datacentre it uses 256-bit AES encryption to safely secure your data onto the datacentre servers.
- In order to minimise transmission volume the in-file delta technology can recognise which files have been changed and then only transmits those file changes.
- It has a snapshot / roll-back feature that allows you to roll back to previous versions of a file as it was at a particular point in time (up to 90 days previous)
- Each backup is automatically monitored and a success or failure message is generated.
Online Backup Implementation Procedure
Installation is carried out by a Motherboard engineer. The first backup – an image of the files/folders that you select to backup – is normally carried out on a special external drive – a Data Shuttle – at your premises. The information downloaded onto the drive is encrypted and the drive is then brought to the data centre where the information is loaded onto the Online Backup servers.
The backup schedule agreed with the client is then scheduled on the software installed on the client’s server(s) – after which it will run in the background at the designated times.
The Monitoring Service
Each customer backup is monitored daily by the our team. Whenever a backup fails or is missed the customer will be contacted and informed, and our engineers will resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Recovering lost / deleted files
In the case where files require to be restored, we or the client has the ability to restore files within minutes. A typical file restore takes approximately 5 minutes from start to finish.
Our Online Backup solution keeps a copy of the daily backup files on a 90-day rolling basis. This means that the client can go back 90 days in relation to changes that have been made to files stored through online backup.
We partner with the industry leaders in data recovery and offer a wide range of data recovery services. Their world class lab and facilities, combined with their refined data recovery process, allow us to give you the highest chance of safely recovering your data with privacy guaranteed.
Steps to data recovery
1. Turn off your machine, do not try any free tools as these can cause more problems with your lost data.
2. Call our experienced team and we will step you through the processes.
Protect & Recover Everything
Servers | Apps | Data
In the event of data loss or a full-scale disaster, having an all-in-one solution that combines data backup and disaster recovery capabilities is paramount to business continuity and a zero-impact recovery.
Motherboard protects thousands of customers of all sizes. With total data protection, which ranges from traditional cloud backup to an overall disaster recovery suite and a fully managed and monitored service by a team of experts, 24/7/365.
Our highly experienced team will work with your business to identify the requirements for data protection and availability.
What you have to do
1. Select your servers
2. Select your cloud storage capacity in conjunction with Motherboard
3. Specify Recovery Point Objective (RPO) & Recovery Time Objective (RTO) targets
4. Leave the rest to us
How it works
Motherboard DRaaS lets you protect anything, anywhere — systems, apps and data — whether it’s physical, virtual or in the cloud.
Our expert team configure the correct DRaaS appliance for your requirements. The appliance snapshots servers and applications both locally and to the Cloud.
Servers can be recovered and booted locally to the DRaaS appliance for local failover, or in the Cloud for offsite failover in a DR scenario. Restore data at any level, from a single file, message or data object to a complete physical or virtual machine, even to dissimilar hardware.
If you need more information about our recovery service, give us a call or read more here.
The amount of data that businesses keep on computer hard drives and other data components may be hard to quantify, but the fact of the matter is, these devices are a treasure chest of sensitive information. Obsolete hard drives and old computers must be treated with discretion; when their time is up, they must be destroyed in the same manner as their paper counterparts.
Motherboard offer a data destruction service and highly recommend any old PC data is destroyed after confirming that the data has been transferred to another source.